BLACK COAT - Watertite Elastomeric Membrane
BLACK COAT is a single component liquid applied elastomeric emulsion waterproofing membrane. Simple, safe, and easy to apply. This base compound will cure to form a flexible seamless waterproof membrane. BLACK COAT has excellent hydrolytic and is therefore resistant to any moisture or water. Water and snow will not change or interfere with the cured properties. BLACK COAT forms a seamless impervious permanent seal. It retains original elasticity to expand and contract with rapid temperature changes.
BLACK COAT is suitable for waterproofing, for both below and above grade, in new construction and for existing structures. Typical application including foundation wall waterproofing (concrete block and poured concrete). BLACK COAT is ideal for permanent exposure (ICF).
Benefits for Installer
- Being liquid when applied, it finds its own level and thereby fills small cracks and imperfections, giving a seamless seal and good bond to most construction surfaces.
- Because of its excellent adhesive properties, moisture will not be able to penetrate the seal or travel in between the membrane and surface of structure.
- More economical than most conventional or rubber sheeting waterproofing systems.
- BLACK COAT is VOC compliant. Fresh material does not contain any solvents and it is non flammable.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from lose contaminants. Wire brushing and/or scraping of the substrate may be required to adequately prepare surface.
- Apply BLACK COAT with brush or trowel. Material must be applied continuously over a surface at an approximate rate of 1 sq m/litre or 200 sq ft/ 5 US gallon pail, approximate wet thickness of 1.5 mm (60 mil).
- For crack and non/moving joints less than 1.5 mm (1/16”) wide, apply BLACK COAT as directed, embed PENNFLEX reinforcing fabric into fresh membrane and top over the reinforced area with an additional coat of BLACK COAT.
- For flashing applications, cracks larger than 1.5 mm (1/16”) wide, dynamic joints and at terminations, apply BLACK COAT as directed, fully embed the prefabricated transition membrane into the freshly cured membrane and top over the edges of the preformed membrane with an additional coat of BLACK COAT.
- Applicator is responsible for the removal of surplus material and waste material incurred during the application.
- Equipment and tools may be cleaned using water with fresh or mineral spirits for cured material.
|Black Coat pail||19 litre / 5 gallon||BCW-010|
- BLACK COAT is to be stored in a clean, dry and, protected area in their original containers sealed and undamaged. Protect from freezing.